Saturday, 5 March 2011

First entry......errr....yeh...

So yeh, haven't really thought this through, thought it would be a nice distraction from a looming essay deadline (haven't started, haven't read one of the plays and it's due on Wednesday :-( It's not even my worst example of procrastination - one essay was due in on a Weds at 2pm, I started it Weds morning at 10am, got it in 2 minutes before the deadline.....I live on the edge baby!!).

So maybe we'll start by explaining the name. A friend and fellow student told us of a dream she'd had when we were discussing irrational fears. We were trying to work out a direction for our devised piece was going to go in, but as you might expect when faced with an exam we started chatting bollocks. Anyway her irrational fear was of Velociraptors....(I know, unlikely to pose her a threat - she's really a sweet girl), in her dream she was in a room with 2 of her friends and there was a Velociraptor there. Her friends, seeing the danger promptly buggered off, one just running away, while the other climbed up an air vent leaving her alone with the ferocious reptile. Upon looking down she realised she had a gun in her hands, so she scrambled to load it before being devoured. Once loaded she looked up to take aim to find he was gone! She heard the tinkling of a piano, she turned to find that the dinosaur was in fact sitting at the piano playing 'Hey Jude' by The Beatles.....Needless to say I almost soiled myself as I was laughing so hard. I was trying to make it the title of the devised piece, but alas it has gone in an incompatible direction, so instead I have named this blog after the most joyful account of a dream I have ever experienced.

So yeh, when I work out something else worth chronicling in this here journal, I shall.

Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment